We are pleased to announce that Matteo Dalla Valle from the REACH Centre as well as Denis Koltsov will now be joining us for our next Webinar.
Update on the EU Nanomaterials Definition:
Impact of Recent EU and JRC Publications
When: Wednesday 14th November
15:00 GMT (16:00 CET, 07:00 PST, 10:00 EST)
17:00 GMT (18:00 CET, 09:00 PST, 12:00 EST)
Register at: http://bit.ly/SMplu6
In this 30 minutes webinar we will:
• Review the JRC methods document and discuss the key conclusions and the challenges presented.
• Outline the EU's Second Regulatory Review and forthcoming legislation where it will have most impact.
• Report on the USA perspective concerning regulation of nanomaterials. This reporting will include matters tabled at SENN2012 - International Congress on Safety of Engineered Nanoparticles and Nanotechnologies, at the end of this month in Helsinki.
As part of this fully interactive presentation you will be able to put your question to Matteo, Denis and myself, so please take advantage of this opportunity to clarify any queries you may have.
To register either reply to this email or visit our registration page at http://bit.ly/SMplu6
The six months since our last webinar on Nanomaterials has seen publication of two important documents:
• The Joint Research Centre (JRC) have produced Requirements on measurements for the implementation of the European Commission Definition of the Term "nanomaterial".
• The Commission of the European Union have published their Second Regulatory Review on Nanomaterials.
Whilst the first document describes potential characterisation methodologies for Nanomaterials, the second document emphasises the EU's support of the Nanomaterials definition from 2011 and restates intent that this be part of legislation.
For more information on the impact of these two documents and how NanoSight can help go to http://www.nanosight.com.
Please join us for this informative and interactive webinar.
Minton Park, London Road, Amesbury, SP4 7RT, UK
T: +44 (0)1980 676060 F: +44 (0)1980 624703